Do you need help managing your diabetes or endocrine disorder? At Circle Bath, we have a team of specialists who will make sure you get the best treatment possible.
If you’re suffering from diabetes or an endocrine disorder, wouldn’t it be nice if you could meet with a leading consultant, talk to them about your symptoms and then learn what treatment they’d advise for you?
Now imagine being able to do that without having to wait weeks or months for an appointment. Wouldn’t that be a refreshing change?
Here at Circle Bath, we can provide you with exactly that. We have no waiting lists so can quickly arrange an appointment for you with a leading consultant in diabetes and endocrinology.
With world-class, state-of-the-art facilities and equipment it’s no wonder that so many specialist consultants choose to see and treat their patients at Circle Bath.
When you visit with us, you’ll benefit from an exceptional level of dedicated care tailored just for you, in luxurious and award-winning surroundings.
We’re experts in treating diabetes and endocrine problems. Our team of highly-experienced medical professionals are here to help ensure you receive the best treatment possible. Why not get in touch with us today to arrange an appointment?
The endocrine system consists of a series of hormone-producing glands. The study and treatment of the endocrine system is known as endocrinology and a doctor who specialises in this area is referred to as an endocrinologist.
Our endocrinology unit at Circle Bath can provide help with diagnosis, investigation and treatment of all endocrine disorders, including
- Diabetes: While both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are entirely separate conditions, the management of both types is aimed at maintaining a stable blood glucose level.
- Addison’s disease: this is a condition caused by a failure of the adrenal glands to produce important hormones called cortisol and aldosterone.
- Hyperthyroidism: under activity of the thyroid gland, which can cause a slowing of many metabolic processes in your body.
- Hypothyroidism: overactivity of the thyroid gland, which can cause a speeding up of many metabolic processes in your body.
If you’re experiencing any of the above, why not get in touch with us today and book an appointment with one of our consultants?
At Circle Bath our two priorities for any treatment are:
- To accurately diagnose the problem
- To start treatment as soon as possible, so that you’re not in unnecessary pain or discomfort
At Circle Bath, your diagnosis and treatment will be carried out by one of our specialist consultant endocrinologists. Contact us today to book your appointment.
When you book an appointment with us, you’ll be seen by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in the management and treatment of diabetes and other endocrine disorders.
They’ll chat with you about any pain you’re experiencing, the symptoms you have and your previous medical history to get a clear understanding of things.
If they’d like any further tests carried out to aid diagnosis you’ll have them carried out on the very same day (we don’t want you to have the hassle of needing to come back to us on a different day just for these tests).
Some of the tests they may want to carry out include:
- A blood test: if testing for Addison’s disease, a blood test can measure the levels of sodium, potassium and cortisol in your body. Low levels of these may indicate Addison’s disease.
- Blood pressure test
- A thyroid function test: by testing levels of specific hormones in your blood, the endocrinologist will be able to determine if your thyroid is functioning effectively
- A CT or MRI scan of your adrenal glands: a CT scanner uses X-rays while an MRI scanner uses strong magnetic fields and radio waves. Both scans create an image useful in showing what’s going on in the affected area
Not all of these tests will be carried out, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed here. These will all be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done.
You’ll be pleased to know that we believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis. After all, why should you have to wait 10 days (or more) for your results to come back? A longer wait for results just means additional pain, discomfort and uncertainty that you don’t need.
In fact, we have specialist radiology consultants (called radiologists) on-site who are able to give a rapid diagnosis from any X-rays, MRI scans or CT scans carried out.
Following your appointment, the consultant will determine from the tests and examination the best treatment for you. Usually with endocrine disorders treatment is via medication.
If medication is required, the doctor will talk with you through the treatment plan and explain what the medication does and how to take it. If you have any questions or concerns you’ll have plenty of time to discuss them with your consultant during your appointment.
If you do require help managing and treating an endocrine disorder, we believe you’ll find no better place to come than Circle Bath.
With our state-of-the-art equipment, purpose-built hospital and a medical team that includes some of the top consultants for diabetes and endocrine disorders in the country, you can be assured of receiving the highest quality of care.
At Circle Bath, we like to do things differently. That’s why, unlike many other hospitals, you’ll benefit by:
- receiving your treatment within two weeks of initial diagnosis: with no waiting lists, we can get your endocrine disorder diagnosed and treatment started quickly.
- being treated by our specialist doctors: our consultants are among the very best in the field. Our consultant-led service provides real expertise in a wide range of areas, including thyroid and pituitary disease, adrenal disorders and calcium and metabolic bone disease.
- our multidisciplinary team: we’ve built a strong team of medical experts who work together to achieve the best possible results. With over 150 consultants in more than 40 different specialities, we’re able to draw upon a vast amount of shared experience. This means that you’ll always receive the very best treatment possible based on current medical knowledge and best practice.
- 99% of our patients would recommend us to their friends and family: we count ourselves incredibly privileged to have such a high recommendation rate. We think it’s probably because we actually take the time to learn about everyone who comes to us for treatment. We’ll always treat you as an individual, and any treatment is tailored specifically for you.
If you’re suffering from an endocrine problem and need help managing or treating it, please do get in touch with us today. We’re here to help you.